Deployment of Fixes to Dramatically Improve SHD SEO


I've spent some time over the past couple days, focusing again on SEO. I'm proud of what I've built and the progress we've made along the way. But I discovered some minor speed bumps that have gotten in the way. I'm deploying yet another fix related to that now. Here are some of the fixes I've made recently that should significantly improve SHD's SEO:

1.) Our master site index had some technically invalid XML that was throwing Google off.

2.) Our 301 funnel redirects from not quite right URLs (eg to ) were a little flaky in a way Google doesn't like.

3.) Search page was returning some results with "null" in the URLs that were throwing Google off.

Just these three minor changes should make Google a lot happier.

Posted on behalf of Jim Carnicelli